Monday, June 26

FYI - 2 ecology positions in Macalester College - see below and attached.
Diarmaid.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sarah Boyer <boyer@macalester.edu>
Date: Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 2:55 PM
Subject: request re. tenure-track job search
To: diarmaid@umich.edu


Dear Diarmaid,

You may or may not remember me as someone who applied to work in your lab not once but twice in the distant past!  In 2001 I ended up following my husband to Boston where I did my PhD in Gonzalo Giribet's lab.  Anyhow - these many years later I am getting in touch with a request for help in identifying candidates for a search I am co-chairing.

We have two tenure-track openings for ecologists at Macalester College, a liberal arts college in St. Paul, MN.  One will be housed in the Biology Department, and one in the interdisciplinary Environmental Studies Department; the attached description provides more detail.

The job ad has been posted in Science and elsewhere but we are trying to strategically expand our applicant pool by selectively contacting the chairs of excellent departments and programs that also have a good track record of supporting women and minority PhD students.

Please consider forwarding information about our search to others, particularly postdocs and former students from your department who are seriously considering or interested in an academic career at a small and selective liberal arts college.  Thanks for considering this request, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Sarah