This winter, ELI and SLC, the Science Learning Center, offer undergraduates and international GSIs in LSA science fields a unique opportunity: co-mentoring. What is co-mentoring? Both the GSI and the undergraduate mentor one another, getting together weekly during the Winter term.
GSIs in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Math, and Statistics
- practice real-world English language,
- explore teaching and learning with a student
- learn about undergraduate culture, and
- explore their co-mentor's cultural context
- gain intercultural competence,
- explore teaching and learning with a GSI
- improve their knowledge of a STEM content-area, and
- gain insight into the experience of being a graduate student in a STEM field.
Plus, co-mentors develop fast friendships.
Apply now! Applications due
To apply, click here.
To learn more: Co-mentoring information page