The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) is a nationally recognized organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty. They deliver a variety of web-based services focusing on increasing productivity, time management, maintaining work-life balance, resolving conflict, personal organization, and cultivating members, sponsors, and collaborators.
The University of Michigan has an institutional membership to the NCFDD, which allows an unlimited number of graduate students, post-docs, and faculty members at an institution access to full Individual Member benefits. Member Benefits Include:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Video recordings of all webinars so members can learn at their convenience
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring & problem-solving
- Monthly accountability buddy match
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
- Access to Career Center where members can post and search job listings
- Access to NCFDD Member Library, which includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
If you are interested in registering to become a NCFDD member for free under U-M’s Institutional Membership, please register online here.