Consulting for Statistics, Computing and Analytics Research (CSCAR) provides consulting services and training opportunities in statistics, data science, and advanced research computation to researchers across campus, regardless of skill level or academic background.
We welcome all members of the campus community interested in making more effective use of data analytic techniques, or in developing their skills in these areas.
Free consulting is available to all U-M researchers; workshops are open to all members of the U-M community (some workshops have a fee, see cscar.research.umich.edu for details).
Introductory, intermediate, and advanced workshops are scheduled this semester on topics including:
- Statistics: A Review
- Statistical analysis with R
- Python (multiple workshops)
- Regression Analysis
- Structural Equation Modeling
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Data Science Skills
A full listing of CSCAR workshops being offered this semester is available on our website.One-on-one consulting services for researchers of all skill levels are also available in the following areas:
Statistics and Data Science
- Data analysis
- Basic and advanced statistical methods
- Statistical software support
- Geospatial analysis including Geographic Information Systems
- Design, analysis, interpretation and communication for research studies involving data
- Large-scale data processing and management
- Efficient computation with data
- Scraping, aggregating and integrating data
- HPC code optimization
- Adapting scientific codes to parallel environments
- Making efficient use of HPC resources
The addition of resources focused on computation and data science represents a significant expansion of CSCAR's scope aimed at addressing the growing use of these tools across campus. Please see this University Record article for more information.