The Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia (WCEE) is pleased to announce the availability of grants for summer and semester-long research projects or internships for current undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- CREES Research, Internship, and Fellowship (CRIF) Program Grants support summer or semester-long research projects or internships at institutions in Eastern Europe or the former Soviet Union.
- CES Summer Research and Internship Grants support summer research or internships for projects about Europe and European integration. Funds can be used to support theUniversity of Windsor European Union Study Abroad Program.
- WCED Summer Fellowships support summer or semester-long research projects or internships that engage the theme of "emerging democracies past or present."
- Copernicus Summer Grants support summer or semester-long research projects focused on Poland.
- Amelia Kulesa Konopka Fellowships support summer or semester-long research projects focused on Poland.
- Ukrainian Research Grants of up to $1000 are available for summer or semester-long research projects focused on Ukraine.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY
- Kabcenell New Europe Grants provide $1,000 to $5,000 for summer experiences to study or conduct research in countries that became European Union members in 2004 or later, or are current candidate countries.
- Albanian Community Summer Fellowships support study, research, or internships in Albania and in neighboring countries preparing to join the European Union.
Once an application is received and approved, the selection committee will determine which fund is best suited for a particular project.
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled in full-time undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree programs at the University of Michigan. Grants will not be considered for students graduating in the current Winter Term. Applicants for research grants may be at preliminary or more advanced stages of their research; applicants for internships should be prepared to identify the venue for their internship in a governmental agency, business, or non-governmental institution in the region.
Please visit http://ii.umich.edu/
wcee/opportunities/ studentfunding for application directions.
For all current funding opportunities for students offered by Weiser Center affiliated units, visit
- Center for European Studies (CES) Student Funding
- Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies (CREES) Student Funding
- Islamic Studies Program (ISP) Student Funding
- Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies (WCED) Student Funding