Michigan Branch Telluride Association (MBTA) is pleased to announce an informational meeting regarding the 2014-2015 Overseas Exchange with University of Cape Town in South Africa. This is a fully funded opportunity that sends a UM student to UCT for the fall term (July - November, 2014.)
- The scholarship will award one grant for a student from the University of Michigan to attend the University of Cape Town for the fall semester of study (from July to November 2014).
- Only non-graduating students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Graduating seniors who are current residents of the Michigan Branch of Telluride Association (MBTA) are also eligible to apply.
- The selected scholar will be required to participate in a community service project during the exchange semester.
- If the selected scholar is not a member of MBTA, she or he is expected to engage with MBTA upon returning to Michigan. This may happen in the form of giving a speech (Pubspeak) at MBTA or in a more informal capacity.
- The selected scholar may attend the annual Telluride Association Convention after the exchange (Convention 2015 will be held in Ann Arbor, MI, in mid-June.)
- The selected scholar will be expected to submit a short written report (<3 pages) on his/her experiences and research to the Association no later than one month after the end of one's exchange, or by , whichever comes first.
- The scholarship will cover tuition, health insurance, one round-trip airfare between the student’s home and Cape Town, room and board, and living expenses for the duration of the exchange period. The combined cost of these items will not exceed $5,500.
Ben Rogers, currently a member at MBTA and our 2013-14 Exchange Scholar, will be available onto talk about the exchange, his experiences as a Scholar, and to answer questions from potential applicants.
If you or someone you know is seeking an international learning opportunity in 2014, we encourage you to join us at Telluride House, 1735 Washtenaw at www.tellurideassociation.org.-- please feel free to forward this message to those you feel may be interested. Applications will be available at that time, or you may look for same online at
In the meantime, please feel free to direct any questions you might have to me at the contact information below, with many thanks!